By: Naveen | February 09, 2017

Varanasi-based Aquvio claims to reduce water wastage to 30% compared with 70% of regular RO purifiers

Category: Water 

Tags:

By: Naveen | July 25, 2015

Aquvio Team working for developing Technologies that not only provide potable water but also minimise waste water generation. This video is just a glimpse of work of our team appreciated by Banaras Hindu University press.

By: Naveen | July 25, 2015

Water is the most abundant and the most vital compound on our planet earth. Simply stating, life cannot exist without water and life finds it very difficult to struggle in its scarcity. Its vast and wide range of physical and chemical properties is what makes it such a beautiful treasure for life as well as the industry as well. Chemically, water is represented as H2O (one moleculeof water has twohydrogenatomscovalentlybondedto a singleoxygenatom) but physically, it is very versatile, it can exist in the solid state (as ice), as liquid water and in the gaseous state ( as water vapors ).

 

PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF WATER:

Water, Ice and Vapor:

Water is the only natural substance that is found in its entire three physical states— liquid, solid...

By: Naveen | June 25, 2015

Everybody has probably heard this idiom, and yes, it’s completely true. Water is almost everywhere on our planet , the seas and the oceans, the lakes and the rivers, as ice at the poles and in the glaciers, in trees and mammals, in the air, in the soil, beneath the soil and so on.. But only 3% of all the water available as freshwater, the rest 97% is saline water found in the oceans. What is freshwater?? Freshwater maybe defined as the water containing less than 1000 milligrams per liter of dissolved solids, most often salt.

Water salinity based on dissolved salts

Category: Water 

Tags: Water, water, fresh water 

By: Naveen | June 19, 2015

Did you know that the earth is referred to as the “blue planet” ? Have you already guessed the answer… Well yes, there is abundance of water on the planet. Over 70 percent of the Earth's surface is comprised of water, producing a vivid blue color when viewed from space.

Now, over 97 percent of the water on the Earth is salt water found mostly in the oceans. The rest three percent which is suitable for human use is known as fresh water and is a very valuable renewable resource.


The following are the sources of water on earth:

Surface water:

Water present on the surface of the earth in the form of oceans, rivers, lakes, ponds and streams is called surface water. The water in rivers and lakes comes from rain and melting of snow on mountains. T...

Category: Water 

Tags: Water, Source 

By: Naveen | June 16, 2015

Water, having its origins in numerous ancient languages like old Anglo Saxon, old German and old Norse, is a colorless, odorless & tasteless fluid which forms the world's streams, lakes, oceans, icecaps, glaciers, the poles, ground water and rain. Some of the Earth’s water supply is temporarily locked up within the many lifeforms found across the Earth. This water makes up a majority of most organisms, and is a critical component, making the processes of life possible. Some organisms are made up of 95% water, while almost all the rest are more than half water.

Chemically,  water is a molecule of two atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen. Water is mostly found in its liquid state at standard ambient temperatures and pressure but it al...

Category: Water 

Tags: